G-day! Thanks so much for all your prayers! This week has been very eventful as we are getting closer and closer to finals. On Sunday Cristal and I spent time with a girl named Kelly from Women's college by spending the day at the Regatta-a rowing competition between all the colleges. It was a great time to build friendships with her as well as get around the other girls at that college. We were able to spend a lot of time at Grace college as well, just hanging out with girls there, going to their Chapel service and watching the State of Origin. (It’s a 3 game series of rugby, comparable to our Superbowl.) God has really blessed us with many friendships and we are very excited about this weekend's retreat as a chance to grow in those relationships. It has been really awesome how God has worked it out, because this week a majority of our time has been spent at Grace rather than Cromwell. As it turns out, all the girls that are coming to the retreat that we have been building relationships with are from Grace. This weekend is definitely an opportunity to strengthen these relationships and go deeper in our conversations with these girls.
Here are the names of girls to be praying for:
- Ramone, Bron and Chase: that they would come to the retreat this weekend.
- Bailey, Mixer and Porto- these girls are coming and who we will probably be spending most time with. Pray that this weekend would help to connect them with Unimpact, and that those investigating Christ would come to know Him!!
Also be in prayer for Cristal and I, as well as the entire team, that we would use this weekend to serve and not to be served. Pray that we would fix our eyes on Christ and not on ourselves, and that God would direct us in how to use the precious time he has given us this weekend for students to learn more about Him.
I pray that the retreat proved to be a great success and that you were provided numberous opportunities to share Christ with the girls. I pray that you will be able to share even more in the time you have left and that God will use you both to have a profound and lasting effect in the lives of all the girls that you have come into contact with there in Australia. Cyndi Sublett
ReplyDeleteI love you Lisa and Cristal! I'm so excited to hear about everything God is doing down under. Praise Him for providing so many friendships with the Australian girls! I am still praying that God uses your lives and others see the light of Christ in you. Keep seeking after Him! He's faithful to answer.
ReplyDelete"Do not be afraid but go on speaking and do not be silent for I am with you. No man will attack you in order to harm you for I have many men in this city" -Acts 18:9-10
Your sister in Christ,
Roxann
p.s. Sam dressed up like a crocodile hunter last night for the CCP update. He was great!